With the aim of establishing the correct distribution of assets, the parties involved may decide to contact a private investigation company able to find the necessary documentation to resolve the dispute.
So, the intervention areas of a private investigator concern the verification of the existence of an executor, the identification of the heirs and successors, the verification of the presence of the deed of waiver or acceptance with the benefit of inventory, the control of the existence of fake donations and, finally, specific investigations to ascertain potential theft of hereditary assets.
The investigator provides the client with an exhaustive dossier of the investigation carried out, including with valid evidence (documents, testimonies, photos / videos) to be presented in court.
The most common cases of controversial inheritances concern:
- identification of heirs and successors (for example children not legally recognized);
- investigations of simulated sales (for example fake donations);
- documentation on de facto acceptance of the inheritance (or tacit acceptance);
- verification of the existence of the waiver or acceptance with the benefit of inventory;
- theft of assets pertaining to the inheritance.